October 21, 2020
The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum will reopen to the public on Monday, October 26. The Museum is reopening with reduced visitation, required face coverings, temperature checks, social distancing, and other enhanced safety measures. Free timed entry tickets will be required for entry into the building. Beginning today, visitors can reserve tickets online at ushmm.org/visit.
“As we reopen the Museum, the health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is our highest priority,” said Sara J. Bloomfield, the Museum’s Director. “With that in mind, we look forward to welcoming back visitors so they can see the first-hand evidence of the Holocaust and learn how and why it happened. And for those unable to visit us in person, we will continue to offer virtual programming and online educational resources.”
- The Museum will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. six days a week and closed on Wednesdays. Timed entry tickets will be required to enter the Museum. Visitors can reserve tickets online at ushmm.org/visit
- Face coverings adhering to CDC guidelines are required for all visitors aged two and up.
- Visitors will have a temperature check and be asked health screening questions before entry.
- Visitors are required to maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, and enhanced cleanings will be conducted throughout the Museum. The building’s HVAC system has been updated with enhanced filtration.
- Visitors should check ushmm.org/visit for a comprehensive guide to the Museum’s health and safety guidelines before visiting.
About the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
A living memorial to the Holocaust, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum inspires citizens and leaders worldwide to confront hatred, prevent genocide, and promote human dignity. Its far-reaching educational programs and global impact are made possible by generous donors. For more information, visit www.ushmm.org.
Content from United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Originally published at https://www.ushmm.org/information/press/press-releases/museum-to-reopen-to-the-public-on-monday-october-26